National Three Peaks Challenge
7th July 2023 - 8th July 2023| £95
Take on the 3 highest mountains in the UK
- Be one of the first hikers of the day to take on Ben Nevis
- Tackle Scafell Pike at night
- Finish your challenge on Wales’s infamous peak, Snowdon
- Aim to summit all three peaks in 24hrs!
Brace yourself for a fast-paced and physically challenging adventure, as you take on the three highest peaks in England, Scotland and Wales. Considered one of Britain’s toughest outdoor challenges, the National 3 Peaks Challenge takes in the dizzy heights of Ben Nevis (1,344m), Scafell Pike (978m) and Snowdon (1,085m).
Over the course of two days, you will trek around 26 miles and ascend to a total height of almost 3,000m. This is a serious and tough challenge which requires a good level of fitness, as well as plenty of grit and determination. Ultimately, however, your hard work will be rewarded with spectacular views and a huge sense of achievement.
MINIMUM SPONSORSHIP OPTION
You will be required to pay the non-refundable registration fee of £95.00 at the time of booking and raise a minimum amount of sponsorship, £865.00 for CHUMS Charity. You should send your sponsorship money to CHUMS Charity as you raise it. At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required (£692.00) must be sent to the charity 11 weeks before departure (by 21/04/2023), and the remaining 20% (£173.00) within 4 weeks of completing the challenge (by 06/08/2023). If you have raised the necessary funds, CHUMS Charity will then pay the balance of your expedition costs (which will not exceed 49% of the minimum sponsorship target). The charity benefits by keeping the remaining sponsorship money and every pound over and above that you raise.
BEFORE YOU GO
- 15% off Cotswold Outdoor, Cycle Surgery, Snow and Rock, and Runners Need
- 16 and 20 week trek/bike training schedule
- Warm up exercise routines
- Access to training weekends (optional and at additional expense)
- Access to your own password protected account including support materials and training schedules
- Travel to and from the challenge start/finish point
ON YOUR CHALLENGE
- Three meals a day (unless otherwise stated in the itinerary)
- One night’s accommodation in a hostel (same-sex dormitories with shared bathroom facilities)
- All challenge management before, during and post event
- Full back-up support including first-aid qualified staff and first-aid supplies
- Drinking water on challenge days